Young Picassos is a different kind of art class for kids. Being in an art studio filled with art supplies and endless possibilities inspires true creativity and gives children their first ‘brushes’ with imagination and self-confidence.
We believe the creative process in artistic self-expression can help children learn to resolve conflicts and problems, develop interpersonal skills, manage behavior, reduce stress and increase self-esteem.
Your child’s self-esteem is established early on in life – from the moment they’re able to recognize themselves in the mirror.
But the true passport for your child’s self-esteem is art. Through painting, creating, singing and dancing, your child experiences their first blushes with positive reinforcement, accomplishment, and creativity. Your child finds that his or her natural abilities and talents are unique and that their peers are also unique and talented in their own way.
How kids value themselves, get along with others, perform at school…and later in life….achieve at work, and handle relationships, all stem from the strength of their self-image. This is what we most care about!
Our mission is to promote compassion, empathy, self-esteem, trust, authenticity, and confidence through engaging, fun art projects. Young Picassos creates an enriched environment that fosters personal growth and self-image for children ages 3 and older. We believe our method of helping parents mold children into happy, self-aware adults separates our program from other children’s art programs in Houston, Texas.
Founded in 2011 by Psychotherapist Angelina Rodriguez, Young Picassos embodies a passion for art and personal development. Ms. Rodriguez develops hands-on activities for the sessions using her certification as an art therapist, psychotherapist, artist, educator, grant writer, counselor, and administrator in youth education for over 20 years.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
- We promote empowerment and self-assurance.
- We teach acceptance and kindness.
- We nurture individuality and differences.
- We involve parents and family members.
- We guide healthy expression through the arts.
- We use an Art Therapy Model.
- We have small class sizes.
- We provide hands-on art education and projects.
- We give ample one-on-one attention to our kids.
- We are a fully functioning professional art studio.
- Young Picassos IS NOT an academic institution.
- Young Picassos IS NOT a daycare.
- Young Picassos IS NOT a waste of your time and money.
- Young Picassos IS an investment in your child’s future.
Young Picassos is a place for kids to value themselves, feel accomplished, and be proud of who they are, all through the fun of making of art!
Come Join Us!
Angelina H. Rodriguez, LPC-AT/S, ATR-BC
Board Certified Art Therapist